Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rain Again!

"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain"...blah, blah. Today is more like "the rain, the rain...it's a bit of a pain. It's flooding the streets and clogging the drains". Oh well, at least I am amusing myself.
It is raining again today. As I have said before, I like the rain. I don't like heavy downpours though...and that is what we have today. On the positive side...it is better than snow!

Watching the news today...Hurricane Ike in Texas...train wreck in California...the on-going and seemingly never-ending, ridiculous war. I am getting to the point (again) where it's hard for me to watch the news. I mean, let's face it, there is ALWAYS something sad and/or tragic going on in the world. That's life...but I am one of those people that wishes she could help save the world and I get to a point where I can't watch it or listen to it so much. I don't hide my head in the sand and ignore the goings on of the world...I just get to a point where it's too much. This is usually when I have my own mega-stress and drama to deal with...like now. I won't get into it and bore anyone but I am truly looking forward to the day when stress gets back down to a normal level. Life is too short.

On another subject...I am hoping to get some favorite pics posted soon. I am a photographer and I "film purist". I do take some digital photos but most of my things are on film. I have a scanner and could scan them into my computer...but that may not quite do them justice....and it's pricey to put them all on CD. I must admit, I am looking to get a new camera for my collection...and yes, it is a digital. It's the first digital that has really sparked my interest and made me say, "Ooooh"...the Nikon D80. Soon. I need it to take pics of my food creations. I am developing my cookbook and isn't it just handy that I can do the photos myself? It's nice to have two passions that work well together.

Well, until next time....be good, be safe, live life with love, passion and caring.

No comments: