Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brrrr....

OMG...it's cold this morning!! When I got up at 6am (yuck!) it was only 46 degrees!! Now I realize this is nothing compared to what the temperature will be in a few weeks...and in January I will think "wow, 46...thats warm!", but right now?...I just wasn't prepared for cold! My hands are cold...my toes are cold (and yes, I have socks on) and my nose is cold (woof!)...ok, my nose is always cold (it means I'm healthy, right?). Oh well, better stop complaining...I'm not sounding like a tough girl from Maine am I?

There is a bird outside my window that sounds like a dog's squeaky chew toy. I think it's a Goldfinch but I can't be sure...I can't see it. All the birds are busily stuffing themselves. The weird thing about the birds outside right now...they are all female. Where did the males go? Do they fly to their winter spot before the female? I wish I had my bird book (in storage, in Maine still). The one bird that I will gladly tolerate winter for is my favorite...the chickadee. There are always more of the little cuties around during the winter and I am more than happy to do what I can to feed them. They are the Official Maine State Bird (other than the mosquito...Ha) but that's not why I love them. I don't really know why they are my favorite...they just are. I used to have dozens of them at my house in Maine. I think they stayed there because they could sense how I felt (yeah...okay, now I'm communicating with birds?).

So, is it another solar system? (I told you my thoughts were random...got whiplash?) Space.com is talking about the first pics of a "star-like" planet being orbited by a planet. The orbiting planet is about eight times the mass of Jupiter and is much further away from it's sun (comparing to our earth/sun distance). It's amazing to think that this is the first "sun" planet of it's kind to ever be photographed! I'm not claiming to know anything about Astronomy...but I do love star-gazing and I am fascinated when I think about the possibilities in our universe and beyond.
Cool...isn't it?

Well, I suppose I have rambled enough for now. I will go an be productive somehow...enjoying the sunshine for now...waiting for the stars to appear later...and maybe do some star-gazing. If you look in to the night sky...we will be looking at the same stars!!
Be good, be safe, be well...live, laugh and love today!


No comments: