Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009...OFF AND RUNNING!

2009...and I can't believe its February already!!

Okay, so I was writing away and realized that I was sounding preachy...hmmmm. So, not wanting to sound that way I hit the delete button and now I'm starting over. What I really want to say is I am hopeful for this new year...and for the future. Simple.

Its been a while since I've written anything. I went back to Maine for Christmas. My kids were with their Father ( in Massachusetts) for the first week of their holiday break...including Christmas day. I spent that time at my Mom's house. My Mother had gone into the woods (before I got there) in back of her house and cut down a tree. It was tall and a bit "Charlie Brownish" but after she put 800 (yes, 800) colorful lights on it, it glowed in the corner of the living room like a torch! She put on some very sparkly ornaments and a gilded twig star on the top, then left the rest of the decorating to me. I put on some silver stars and a collection of Hallmark ornaments that my children have been collecting all their lives. It truly was one of the most beautiful Christmas trees I have ever seen. See...

My 85 year old Grandmother joined us and, although I missed my kids, we had a great day. A few days after Christmas I picked up my kids and we went back to my Mother's house for the second week of holiday break. The kids had their tree with my Mother and I the first day there and the rest of the week was spent just visiting and relaxing and having a great time! We watched the "ball drop" with some good food and a little sparkling cider...yum!

So, I am back in Canada (the kids too) and things are moving along. Going back to Maine was good for me. I reconnected with a "sister" and gained a renewed perspective of what is good in my life...and what is not. I AM doing what is right for me and for my kids, regardless of what some think. My life, my choices, are up to me and me alone. I've listened to my critics and despite what some of them say, I will continue to do what I think is right for me, the kids and the life I have. I'm not exactly where I want to be...but isn't that the challenge?...isn't that the adventure of living? I think it is.

I'm sure my life will continue to be a roller coaster...with ups and downs but I'm also sure that will continue to not be boring. I am happy for what I have and hopeful for what is to come.




No comments: